Services and Fees
Horton Tax Services offers high-quality tax services to the American community in France. Our approach is people-focused. We encourage face-to-face meetings whenever possible, as this enables us to better learn about our clients and offer more effective services.
Horton Tax Services has a wide variety of services, including:
- U.S. individual income tax return consultation and preparation
- U.S. business tax return consultation and preparation
- French individual tax return consultation and preparation
- French wealth tax (“impot sur la fortune” or ISF) return consultation and preparation
- French tax reporting for French rental properties
- Tax equalization services
- Compensation Consulting
In addition to tax preparation services, we also provide the following regular services to our clients:
- Filing extensions on April 15, June 15, and October 15 for current clients
- Calculating estimated tax and extension payments for clients who expect to owe U.S. taxes
Fees vary based on the complexity of the project, and we need to fully understand your tax situation before we can estimate the amount of time your tax return will take. As such, our associates cannot provide fee quotes over the phone.
For our clients, one annual meeting or consultation is included with tax return preparation; other consultations and analysis will be billed at the hourly rate of the associate.
Horton Tax Services reserves the right to bill for consulting services provided to clients who ultimately decide not to use our tax preparation services.
Horton Tax Services is not an “association agréée” for French tax purposes, and does not prepare form 2035 for travailleurs indépendants. We also do not prepare tax returns for French corporations.